Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT, baggers at supermarkets.

On Nov 9, 5:23*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 23:06:14 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Nov 9, 3:34*am, wrote:
On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 01:40:37 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson

wrote:
You have to fill your own bags in the UK

I think that was about the hardest culture difference to adjust to when I
moved to the US from the UK. I got glared at too many times when I tried
to pack my own stuff though, so I eventually gave up. Now I have to stand
there and wait while I watch someone else do what I was perfectly capable
of doing myself, and it saves me no time and I end up with far more bags
than I actually need.

I shop at two stores in the same chain. One is very particular about
making sure they do all of the bagging, the other one will let you bag
if you want. I am usually in a hurry so I bag while they are ringing
things up ... AFTER I run my card.

BTW, shopping is wimmins work. Why are you bugging yourself?

Not the previous poster, but personally it's a cooperative thing - we
live eight miles out of town, so whoever happens to be in town when it
needs doing tends to do it.

I buy the food so I can get what I like. My wife works, I cook.

Seems fair to me.

Cooking is wimmin's work too. Cleaning the house is wimmin's work.
Buildingwalls, electricity, plumbing, digging the garden etc. *is
men's work.

I do the mechanical work but digging in the dirt is wimmins work too.

You would rather dig in the dirt than cook?- Hide quoted text -

I enjoy peasant activities in smallish doses. i grow vegetables.
It keeps me fit.
Digging is wimmins work in third world countries so you may be right.
They won't do it in the UK. At least not many of them.
i hear the wimmin fromTexas are big a strong.
You could harness one to a plough.