Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

I'm curious some of the techniques you used to adjust, and
cope. Did the cold water stay on? Do your windows open?
Battery fan?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...

Here in Florida,utilities trim trees away from power lines
well before
hurricane season begins. Preparedness.

did Northeast utilities NOT expect winter storms to bring
down tree
branches and down power lines?
After all,this was just an early storm. tree branches would
have caused
troubles anyways,just later on.

BTW,I went without power for 7 days in Aug 2004,after
Hurricane Charlie.
(in steamy Florida,90+ temps and humidity every day.
Other buildings in my apartment complex were without power
for 30 days,they
had a meter panel short out from water blown into it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik