Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default OT, baggers at supermarkets.

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:35:43 -0800, harry wrote:

On Nov 7, 12:28Â*am, micky wrote:
Have you noticed that they used to fill the grocery bags so that they
all weighed about the same?

Then 10 or 20 years ago they got the idea to sort the stuff. Â*Now I can
see putting all the frozen food in one bag, but they do it with
everything.

If I buy 2 2-liter bottles of soda pop, they put them both in one bag,
so that it way outweighs any other bag.

Tonight I bought two 3.2 quart. bottles of clothes detergent, and they
put them in one bag, over 12 pounds, more than everything else I bought
put together. Â*That's the way they do it now. .

You have to fill your own bags in the UK

I think that was about the hardest culture difference to adjust to when I
moved to the US from the UK. I got glared at too many times when I tried
to pack my own stuff though, so I eventually gave up. Now I have to stand
there and wait while I watch someone else do what I was perfectly capable
of doing myself, and it saves me no time and I end up with far more bags
than I actually need.

BTW, shopping is wimmins work. Why are you bugging yourself?

Not the previous poster, but personally it's a cooperative thing - we
live eight miles out of town, so whoever happens to be in town when it
needs doing tends to do it.

cheers

Jules