Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Mormons - should you hate them?

On 11/8/2011 9:20 AM, bud-- wrote:

There is another "normal person" still in the race. He also happens to
be a Mormon, an odd coincidence.

Good point, I was only thinking about the lunatics, Bachmann, Perry,
Paul, Cain, etc.) and I forgot about Huntsman. He seems okay, but his
"economic plan" if you can call it that, is a disaster, more tax cuts
for those earning the most income. It didn't work in the past, so why
would he want to try it again?

When will a Republican candidate actually tell the truth about U.S. tax
rates? The average federal tax rate for middle income taxpayers has not
been this low in more than 50 years. Even when you add in payroll taxes
(Social Security and Medicare) the tax rate hasn't been this low in more
than 30 years. We cannot continue to cut revenue and balance the budget
without making huge cuts to defense, education, and health care.

The top marginal rate during WWII was 68 percent. During Eisenhower's
administration it went to a whopping 91%. Until the 1970's it war around
70% percent. OMG, where was Fox News? Economic growth rates were very
high and the middle class enjoyed prosperity.