Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Porter Cable Drill Press

On 11/8/2011 3:35 PM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:24:41 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
I guess my biggest complaint is when using a Forstner bit, the laser
does not reach the work at all with a moderately large bit unless it is
way up.

I'm guessing that you're aware you can compenesate for those large
shadowding bits by just starting the hole with the tip and then
retracting the bit to see if the cross hairs line up with it. But, it
does take a little more time and effort.

Yes! but I have broad lines on mine and there is no instruction on
making the line of the laser narrower. Basically I can move the mark
and it is still under the crossing laser lines.

If I need to make repeated holes I simply draw a square line to the edge
of the piece that will touch the fence. I drop the bit to touch the line
and attach a piece of tape and mark a line on it at the line on the
board. Next board aligns to that mark on the fence.