Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Porter Cable Drill Press

How do they align the laser markings at any height of drill surface. It
would seem to have to shine down the shaft of the drill bit and that doesn't
sound possible?? *Smoke and mirrors? *Moving mechanism?

Haven't really even looked at the optics but somehow they cast two
lines as an x that stays crossed in the same location regarless of
table height (so far) and stay visible right up until the drill tip
contacts.

My miter laser died and I never looked into fixing it. I only use for
rough cuts, construction type stuff withthe exception of crown
molding. Then I use a fixture. All precise cross cuts get done on the
TS.

A laser on my Glock would be good. The 12 guage seems to work well
without one. ;^)