mttt

Default Jet...Junk?

"George" wrote in message

Japan Equipment & Tools was, I believe, the original J.E.T.

"Silvan" wrote in message

AFAIK, JET has *always* been an importer. Am I wrong about that old

time
Wreckers? Seems they came onto the scene with imported copies of Delta
tools, and they've always been an importer, rather than a manufacturer.

Myth - According to the "Jet History" section in my Ittura Designs catalog.
The history is a tad obscure and relies on knowledge of early workers. But
the story goes that "Whazz-His-Name" (the man who started Jet) rode an early
707 to Japan. Liked it, was impressed, and adapted the moniker to his
company.

Yes - according to that history - Jet started as an importer. What plans
WMH has for it, remains to be seen.