Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default OT, web hosting for personal pages?

On 11/6/2011 3:21 PM, JR North wrote:
Unless you want a less-than satisfactory layout peppered with ads and
pop-ups from a "free" host, look into a local ISP that will sell you a
web host service with X MB (your requirement).

That's certainly what I don't want. I have a business site a friend
hosts on his server. He'd probably let me host my personal site too, but
whereas my business site is very low impact on traffic and disk space, I
plan to have a fair bit of stuff on the personal site.

I've heard from a few folks down under that have AU hosted web sites,
hosting isn't exactly cheap, though they have .au registered domains and
they are business sites. I don't really care where mine is hosted so
long as it's easy to access and modify like my business site,
inexpensive, and reliable.

Jon