Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "GREAT STUFF" (not so great)

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 06:43:02 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Nov 5, 11:42*pm, "
wrote:
On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 21:15:55 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Nov 5, 1:06*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I learned a LONG time ago, when you use a can of Great Stuff, use the whole
can, or toss the left overs. *It seldom works the second time. *And there
are faulty cans, which one can return to the Borg. *But I must admit, I will
try one on a string with a .22 lr hollow point.

Steve

It's not too tough a thing to learn...I quote from the can:

"GREAT STUFF can seal itself shut. One time use should be expected."

Of course, it also says:

"If product does not flow easily, do not force product from can."

How exactly would one *force* the product from the can if one wanted
to? You pull the trigger and it either flows or it doesn't. It's not
like you can get behind the product and push it through the
applicator.

Drill the can or nozzle. *Not a good idea.

IMHO that does not qualify as "forcing the product from the can".

^^^^ The key words.

All that might do is open a new pathway for the product to follow on
it's own, but there is no "forcing" on the part of the user.

You're doing an unnatural act. You're "forcing" the issue. Don't like it?
Sue someone who makes great stuff.