Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Denver Collects Fines On Drivers Who Stop At Red Lights

On Nov 5, 10:02*am, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 11/05/2011 09:37 AM, gpsman wrote:

On Nov 5, 4:57 am, Nate *wrote:

The state of competence among American drivers, at least around here is
shockingly bad - most people seem to feel the way you do about slightly
crossing the white line about other "minor" infractions like not
signaling, not using mirrors, forcing their way into another lane when
it's occupied by other traffic, turning into the wrong lane, etc. etc.
etc... *unfortunately the only law that seems to be enforced is speeding.

Don't you need a license to sling that much cognitive dissonance?

You have tickets for failure to obey a highway sign,

that would be "speeding"

Are you purporting to have been cited for speeding under failure to
obey a highway sign?!

* and a cracked

windshield.

In my current state of residence, that windshield would be perfectly
legal, and in any state it was safe. *I was also cited literally days
after the crack occurred.

From: "Nathan J. Nagel"
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 22:41:55 GMT

" The second was for a burned out taillight (that really wasn't burned
out, the cop just used that as an excuse to pull me over) and a
cracked windshield, which really was badly cracked, but I could hardly
afford to fix it"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.l...n&dmode=source

And, of course, you have cited these same motorists to be "perfectly
safe" at 80 mph, ad nauseum.

No, I stated that 80 MPH on an interstate highway was perfectly safe for
a competent driver, which it is.

Operating a motor vehicle is unsafe at any speed.

I'll oppose a law when it is unfair. *I will support a law when it makes
sense.

Which law is "unfair"...?
-----

- gpsman