Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default "GREAT STUFF" (not so great)

On Nov 5, 8:06*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Tony Miklos" wrote

Same happened to me, no receipt. *Tried to return it to Lowz and they said
they don't sell that size can. *Took it to the borg and they happily gave
me a new can.

I've had many cases of trying to return something at Lowz, and they claim
not to sell that. *My memory is bad, but I can remember sometimes where I
bought stuff. *HD is much more lenient, hence, I spend more at HD. *Except
they have crappy! lumber. *Lowz is better in that aspect. *Plus, Lowz has a
little more selection of a little higher quality items.

Steve

I'm not sure what you mean by "HD is much more lenient".

Either the bar code is in their system and they'll take it back or
it's not and they won't. Same with Lowes.

If I'm turned away from the Returns desk at Lowes or HD, I simply take
the item to the other one.

What one doesn't take back the other does because I either bought it
at one or the other.

BTW...here's an example of how HD isn't so lenient.

A few years ago I bought one of these Husky painters tools, which
comes with a lifetime guarantee:

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/paint/p...ool-75845.html

The tool comes with 2 screwdriver bits clipped into the handle.

Last week I cracked the blade while prying something with it, so I
took it with me to trade in the next time I went to HD.

When I brought my old (and very beat up) tool along with a new one to
the Returns desk to swap them, the clerk took the screwdriver bits out
of the new tool because my old one didn't have the bits. She put the
bits into the handle off my old tool before putting the "defective"
label on it.

Did she really think I was exchanging the old cracked one for a new
one just to rip off a couple of screwdriver bits? I just chuckled...