Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Denver Collects Fines On Drivers Who Stop At Red Lights

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 16:52:58 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

In Utah, diesel fuel that is used on farms or places where it's not subject
to road taxes has a purple dye in it. It works so good that it will
penetrate paint, making the offender easy to spot. I know I can NEVER fuel
up without dropping some. Or a simple looksee would find it. And the fines
are pretty steep if they do catch you.

Steve

Do they check often? I don't know of anyone that ever has been caught
around here. Of course, we buy a lot more fuel oil than other states
so filling a tank is less likely to set off alarms.