Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Denver Collects Fines On Drivers Who Stop At Red Lights

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 14:54:20 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

I actually had the sticker removed from one of my license plates once.
Got pulled over the same day that I discovered it (and actually on my
way home from my then-girlfriend's parents' house, in whose driveway I
noticed the missing sticker, and it was a Sunday, so I had no choice but
to drive home in the car with the missing sticker) :/ Cop was a jerk
because I had my registration card in the car, I came up clean in the
system, and you could even see a little corner of the sticker remaining
on the plate, so it was obvious that I wasn't a deliberate scofflaw but
a victim of theft, but I still had to sit at the side of the road for
about 45 minutes before he decided to give me a ticket anyway. Grr. Of
course this was in Ohio where the cops are notoriously hardasses.

nate

Wow, what a jerk. I got pulled over one day and had no idea why.
Seems like the sticker was missing on my plate a few years ago. Turns
out, it had been missing for over a year. The new sticker came in the
mail and it was bad weather so I put it aside. He wrote up a warning
and I was on my way. Found the sticker and put it on that night.