Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Denver Collects Fines On Drivers Who Stop At Red Lights

Nate Nagel wrote:

I actually had the sticker removed from one of my license plates once.
Got pulled over the same day that I discovered it (and actually on my
way home from my then-girlfriend's parents' house, in whose driveway I
noticed the missing sticker, and it was a Sunday, so I had no choice
but to drive home in the car with the missing sticker) :/ Cop was a
jerk because I had my registration card in the car, I came up clean
in the system, and you could even see a little corner of the sticker
remaining on the plate, so it was obvious that I wasn't a deliberate
scofflaw but a victim of theft, but I still had to sit at the side of
the road for about 45 minutes before he decided to give me a ticket
anyway. Grr. Of course this was in Ohio where the cops are
notoriously hardasses.

When we had that problem in my state, the publicized circumvention was to
score the sticker several times with a razor blade. The thief would then
have to remove many pieces.

We've since gone to driver's side front windshield stickers.