John Crea

Default Boeshield T9 Problem

Probably not. BoeShield leaves behind a very SOFT wax surface, and
applying pastewas over that will likely remove most of the BoeShield
coating

Use the Boeshield on areas that dont' need to be hard/dry and slick.
Use pastewax or other commerical castiron table top treatments for the
table tops

John

On 4 Mar 2004 04:16:04 -0800, (Ken) wrote:

Would this work ? : 1. Apply a coat of Boeshield, let dry
(for rust prevention). 2. Then on top of this apply paste wax
(for "slick" surface).

I have always just used paste wax. with decent results.
But I was just recently contemplating buying some Boeshield,
for the first time, for the additional rust prevention.
Am I being a sucker for the magazine article test results that showed
Boeshield to be pretty effective ?)

I guess my question is: has anyone ever applied paste wax over
Boeshield, and how did it work ?

Thanks ,
Ken

John Crea wrote in message . ..
Boeshield does NOT and was never intended nor designed to leave a
"slick" surface

Use a different product if that is your goal, pastewax is the tried
and true solution for cast iron table tops, but you gotta apply and
re-apply as neeeded

John