Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Denver Collects Fines On Drivers Who Stop At Red Lights

On 11/05/2011 02:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 09:51:07 -0700, "Steve wrote:

Don't believe that for a second. I lived in Texas and Louisiana, and I've
seen many a trooper do a U turn from 70 mph on the Interstate to come back
and get an expired sticker. They are color coded, and easily spotted.
DAMHIKT

Steve

I've seen it to when I lived in PA. I've also seen the sticker
replaced with poster board, trading stamps, and most anything that was
the right color for the period.

Here in CT, we no longer have stickers or tags on the license plate.
Too many plates (including one of mine) were being stolen for the
little tags.

I actually had the sticker removed from one of my license plates once.
Got pulled over the same day that I discovered it (and actually on my
way home from my then-girlfriend's parents' house, in whose driveway I
noticed the missing sticker, and it was a Sunday, so I had no choice but
to drive home in the car with the missing sticker) :/ Cop was a jerk
because I had my registration card in the car, I came up clean in the
system, and you could even see a little corner of the sticker remaining
on the plate, so it was obvious that I wasn't a deliberate scofflaw but
a victim of theft, but I still had to sit at the side of the road for
about 45 minutes before he decided to give me a ticket anyway. Grr. Of
course this was in Ohio where the cops are notoriously hardasses.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel