Charlie Self

Default Jet...Junk?

Swingman responods:

Although I am not a Bush basher, and can't swear to it as it may just be
partisan BS, but I recently read somewhere that the Admininistration is
trying to get fast food restaurants re-classifed from "Service" to
"Manufacturing".

I've heard that as well, but couldn't place a source.

Google turned up this:

http://www.senate.gov/~schumer/Schum..._releases/PR02
454.html

Pretty ridiculous, eh? Our government in action.

Especially love the following:

"If fast food is classified as manufacturing, perhaps the neighborhood
lemonade stand should be considered part of the military-industrial
complex,"

It's funny, but the thought processes that can formulate that sort of nonsense
should have been left to Monty Python. As political thought, it is scary.

My wife had heard this somewhere and I didn't believe it. But, then, I'm the
guy who once told his first set of in-laws that I didn't believe Spiro Agnew
had sold out as Governor of Maryland...my rationale was simple. 85K wasn't
enough for a guy in his position. But, of course, it was.

Charlie Self
"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in
America." William J. Clinton

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html