Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift leaking brake fluid from right brake drum

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 08:14:50 -0500, Ignoramus27678

On 2011-11-05, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 20:03:32 -0500, Ignoramus18836
wrote:

The next problem is taking the wheels off, they are held by nuts that
are 1 3/8" or so wide.

The next problem is getting each tire up off the floor so you CAn pull
the wheel.

Im curious how you are going to do this.

There will be a test following the thread.

Lifting the forklift was the easiest part of the job so far. I used a
Simplex 10 ton mechanical jack. Right now the front of the forklift
sits on 4x4s.

Good job!

I also took the wheel off with a 3/4" electric impact wrench.

I bought a Timken bearing for the wheel, however, not the brake
cylinder yet. Forklift dealers seem to be intent on wasting a lot of
my time. I should have bought one online.

Forklift dealers tend to have a service staff..and as such..they would
prefer not to sell you parts. Shrug..fact of life

So online may be quicker unless you find a dealer who likes end users
for something other than a money source to be mowed with regularity.

Gunner

Gunner Asch