Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift leaking brake fluid from right brake drum

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 08:14:50 -0500, Ignoramus27678

On 2011-11-05, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 20:03:32 -0500, Ignoramus18836
wrote:

The next problem is taking the wheels off, they are held by nuts that
are 1 3/8" or so wide.

The next problem is getting each tire up off the floor so you CAn pull
the wheel.

Im curious how you are going to do this.

There will be a test following the thread.

Lifting the forklift was the easiest part of the job so far. I used a
Simplex 10 ton mechanical jack. Right now the front of the forklift
sits on 4x4s.

I also took the wheel off with a 3/4" electric impact wrench.

I bought a Timken bearing for the wheel, however, not the brake
cylinder yet. Forklift dealers seem to be intent on wasting a lot of
my time. I should have bought one online.

Generally, when a dealer/mfgr wastes your time, it is for one of two
things. One is that they simply don't care a rat's ass whether or not
it is an inconvenience to you. Second is to figure out a way to make a
really hefty profit from you. A distant third is that the person you
talked with is extremely incompetent, though this possibility may crop
up during your stint with #1 or #2, too.

(Cynics Unite!)

--
The unexamined life is not worth living.
--Socrates