Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Aches and pains

"Han" wrote

*Using a spring-loaded gadget a very precise standard small incision is
made on the inside of a forearm. If and when it starts bleeding (it
should), the blood is wicked away every few seconds with a sterile piece
of filter paper. The time till the bleeding stops spontaneously is
measured. It is significantly prolonged after aspirin. Different
gadgets and techniques are available.

--
Best regards
Han

I had one of those tests before heart surgery. It made a pop, and stung a
little. I was surprised that it made a cut that I could not see, yet it
bled. They had a piece of paper, and every few seconds, they would touch a
new side of the small four sided paper, and the blood would make a little
half circle, which got progressively smaller. I have never seen one nor had
that test since.

Steve