Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aches and pains

I've heard anecotes, in various directions. People want to
get stoned. Dotors who under prescribe, for fear of the FDA.
I think it's a shame that people abuse meds. I'm sure
medicine abuse has gone on since there have been medicines.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

Whatever works in that particular circumstances. I only had
percodan once
when I stuck a tie chain hook through my hand. Good thing
my hands were
very cold at the time, or that could have hurt. ;-) It
darn sure hurt
later when it warmed up.

As mentioned in a previous thread, hydrocodone has ceased to
work for me,
and they have me on an advancing regimen of new stuff until
they can get me
stabilized. I'm now in the pain management area of
doctorhood. It is a
surprising area of medicine, different from all the others
in that it is low
key, and the screening process is extensive to get into that
program. Guess
druggies use it in a lot of places to get drugs, and several
states have
become epidemic in overdose deaths of obviously healthy
people who have the
money to get huge amounts of pain meds, which they then
sell. One pill goes
for up to $80 on the black market. The last rx I was
prescribed, it took
the pharmacy a week to get it. Some new stuff. I go
tomorrow to pick it
up. Extended release stuff.

The main thing I can say is that it has affected my sense of
taste after all
these years.

But, I'm still my happy former gregarious old self

Steve