Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Aches and pains

On 11/4/2011 2:46 PM, Bob F wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
I've had and still have back pains or sciatica occasionally. The
very best remedy is exercising the muscles that hold your spine
together. That includes belly of course. I should do my exercising
much more conscientiously. Physical therapy and chiropractic, or a
supervised exercise regimen in a gym are highly recommended!

All good but they aren't going to get the spinal canal back to its
former size, are they?

Physical therapy was one of the first things my (sports medicine) doctor
mentioned yesterday when he diagnosed me with a mildly herniated disc causing my
recent pain.

I'm not into diagnosing people or arguing with docs, but...if he meant
"bulging" disc (where the sac hasn't ruptured) it may be more age
related than anything. There is often some bulging or some
deteriorating of discs with aging, and getting back in shape and
strengthening muscles can provide relief. Good luck with your back )