Posted to rec.woodworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default Johns Hopkins Update

On Nov 4, 3:19*pm, "Kris K. Kaput0" wrote:
"Fred the Red Shirt" *wrote in ...
True. *They also cure hundreds of thousands every day.

Alternative therapies kill hundreds of people every day. * They
contribute to the deaths of thousands more by discouraging them
from using conventional medical approaches. * Steve Jobs, for
instance.

And unlike conventional medications, they cure no one.

Those that did, became conventional medication .

Yes. *It is same reason why Ponzi schemes and *bait an switch
cons exist. *There's a new sucker born every minute.
----

Nonsense.

Get your facts straight. Steve Jobs prognosis was poor and "alternative
therapies" may have prolonged his life almost seven years longer than
"conventional medicine".

To the contrary Jobs had a Neuroendocrine tumor, which is normally far
less aggressive than malignant neoplasm of the pancreas. It is
commonly
said that more people die with it than of. It is not unusual to
discover
tumors of that sort during autopsies of persons deceased from other
causes
and who were never diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Since Jobs' cancer was abnormally aggressive, if we should suspect
the 'alternative' treatment did anything, we should suspect it
hastened
his death,

Even an "Oncologist" recommended a herbal preparation.

One who refuses to allow you to use his name I suppose?

Second guessing why he died was moot. He was certainly going to die using
conventional medicine.

Read up and stop guessing.

(non) Doctor, take your own advice.

--