Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Northeast storm, Oct 29, 2011, 2.2 million without power

On Nov 4, 5:58*pm, wrote:

.. Come on Dan, you're an intelligent guy, you can
make a point better than you did above.
Eric

Thanks for the complement. I agree that the power grid has to be
maintained and in some places improved. I was reacting to TMT's
comments in which he wants the power grid to be perfect and be working
24/7. I am willing to suffer some power outages and pay a reasonable
amount for power. The power company here does a reasonable job. In
the last three years, the power has been out about three times for
about three or four hours. Did not lose power during Hurricane
Irene. We did not get much snow here so not surprised that we did not
lose power from the snow.

When we first built on Bainbridge we were at the end of the power line
and lost power for days at a time. But they ran a line in from the
highway when there were a few more houses and the reliability went way
up.

Dan