Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Aches and pains

Art Todesco wrote in
:

On 11/3/2011 9:59 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in
:

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 21:40:54 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Motrin IB isn't doing much good for me, tonight. The little
brown generic ibuprophen also don't do much good.

Aleve seems to help, generic naproxyn is useless.

Generic acetaminophen seems to help. Arthritis strength
generic acetaminophen seems to help.

Wish I could find a pill that's cheap, and relieves pain.

Voltaren (diclofenac) works for me (arthritis)
A generic is also pretty cheap.

Diclofenac is another good NSAID, but as with all NSAIDS, certain
caveats exist. I believe it is Rx, but should not be expensive.
DAGS!!

I am using Voltaren (Diclofenac Gel) for a shoulder problem. Seems to
work, but it is pretty pricey. I paid around $50 co-pay for a tube,
Ouch! BTW, the prescription strength for Ibuprofen is 800mg, which
means you can take 4 "little brown pills" 4 times a day. This was per
my doc, BUT, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, don't do it for too long. I
think the doctors say for no more than a week or 2, but I always

stay lower than that. I've never done it for more than a few days at
a time. Another Prescription NSAID is Mobic (Meloxicam) which works
for me. Only 1 per day ... I never use it for more than a few days at
a time. And of course, never mix NSAIDS. I'm not a doc, just my own
experiences. Yours may be different ... ask you doc.

good info, but why the gel, the pills are cheap?

And at times, it may be good to alternate say aspirin and ibuprofen every
3 hrs, or acetaminophen and ibuprofen. ASK YOUR DOCTOR.

--
Best regards
Han