Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Central heating alterations

In message , Alan Braggins
writes
In article , chris French wrote:
In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 08:11:36 -0000, DIYer wrote:

Also, Screwfix stock a plastic pipe system by FloPlast (Flo-Fit) at a
good price.

Check the temperature and pressure ratings. The pressure rating drops
dramatically as the temperature rises.

Is that likely to be a problem with any of the plastic plumbing systems
though and even a pressurised system is only run at 1 bar or so. Hep2O
and Speedfit are fine.

If you've got mains pressure hot water, that can get a fair bit over 1 bar.
(Without checking the ratings, I don't know if it's likely to be a problem.)

I can't remember now without looking it up, but Hep2O was fine for the
mains pressure water in our old house - and that had pretty high
pressure.

Of course this ha smade me go and look it up :-)

http://www.floplast.co.uk/pages.asp?pageid=43012753&catid=312

for Floplast it gives a max working pressure of 12 bar at 20C

at 85C, 4 bar
--
Chris French