Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Central heating alterations

On 03/11/2011 08:11, DIYer wrote:

A couple of weeks back I asked on here about soldering joints on existing
pipework. Having now had a good look around, i see that Conex et al
produceflame-free copper push fit pipe fittings, which are less chunky and
exactly what I need.

Yup, they work ok, bit pricey though...

Also, Screwfix stock a plastic pipe system by FloPlast (Flo-Fit) at a good
price. Does anyone have any experience of it?

The fittings yes, the pipe no. Not been that impressed with FloPlast
fittings - they seem to need quite high insertion forces to get a
properly seated joint, and they are not at all tolerant of any
misalignment on entry.

The pipe however may well be fine since I can't see much they could do
wrong with that!

(Screwfix is finally coming to Cornwall on November 9th!)

Thanks

--
Cheers,

John.