Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT ... PC upgrade

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 23:29:54 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 22:30:02 +0000, Clive George wrote:

On 02/11/2011 21:10, dennis@home wrote:

What i said is true!
You aren't even allowed to sell stuff under most of the free software
licenses.

Dennis, do you have the slightest clue about what a licence such as
GPL actually means?

Clearly not. But he'll wriggle and claim that GPL isn't significant as
it isn't very common! .-)

I like the GPL.
Especially the bit that says I can redistribute any software free, even
if the original provider charges a fee.
It sort of limits what you can charge to, well nothing.

GPL section 4:

"4. Conveying Verbatim Copies.

You may convey verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you
receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and
appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice; keep
intact all notices stating that this License and any non-permissive terms
added in accord with section 7 apply to the code; keep intact all notices
of the absence of any warranty; and give all recipients a copy of this
License along with the Program.

You may charge any price or no price for each copy that you convey, and
you may offer support or warranty protection for a fee."

Wrong again, dennis. But I'm sure you will wriggle again.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org