Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT ... PC upgrade

On 02/11/2011 18:34, Rick Hughes wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

If they are thick and think they are smart, they buy windows. If they
are thick and rich and think they are smart, they buy a Mac,.

Thick eh? Must be why my nephew Stephen uses Macs. You can look him up
in WinkyPedia.

Interesting issue on Macs ... my first computer was an AppleIIe
Then an SE30, ClassicII, Quadra, 7200 and a Mac powerbook ........
The company I was with then could no longer support paying over the odds
for Macs, or wait for software that was typically at least 18 months
late arriving on Mac.
The PC's had now become so much cheaper for any given unit .... company
could buy 2 faster PC's for 1 mac.

They ended up throwing them all away .... I had a whole bundle of Mac
PowerPC's, monitors & printers and gave them to local school.

If Steve Jobs had not been so adamant that only Apple could sell
anything running MacOS .... and had instead licensed the MacOS system,
Windows would never have got off the ground.
Funny that people see him almost God like.

Jobs was focused on the wrong enemy... he perceived IBM as the threat,
not MS. Daft thing is, it now easier to run Mac OS on generic hardware
than at any time in the past.

--
Cheers,

John.