Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How to connect copper to PVC?

On Nov 2, 3:11*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/2/2011 10:07 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Nov 2, 12:37 pm, *wrote:
On Nov 2, 11:57 am, *wrote:

My favorite use of a SharkBite was when I turned off the water to the
house, cut out a section of pipe, slapped a SharkBite cap on the end
of the live section and turned the water back on - all before the
commercial was over and without anyone in the house knowing I had shut
off the water, including my wife who was cooking dinner in the
kitchen.

Yep. *That's one of my favorites. *Cut and cap almost as quickly as
talking about it. *They're also really useful for shunting water
temporarily while a bathroom or whatever is worked on.

I recall the time before pre-SharkBites that I was trying to sweat a
cap onto a line.

Just as the solder started to flow the cap shot off the end of the
pipe with a POP and flew across the basement, spewing the liquid
solder in its path.

I'm glad no one else was nearby...could have caused injuries.

you owe me a keyboard. *I just spewed coke all over it LMAO...

--
Steve Barker
remove the "not" from my address to email- Hide quoted text -

I can certainly tell you that it wasn't funny at the time.

It's no fun being startled while standing on a step ladder hold a lit
torch in your hand!