Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Forklift leaking brake fluid from right brake drum

On 11/1/2011 8:42 PM, dpb wrote:
On 11/1/2011 8:03 PM, Ignoramus18836 wrote:

What fluid should I use? DOT brake fluid?

OK on any I've seen.

W/ the caveat it's highly unlikely it will have a DOT 5 (silicone-based)
fluid but be sure to not mix the DOT 3,4, or 5.1 (glycol-based) with a
DOT 5 if it were to be (or vice versa).

Again, place to find out what was recommended/used before going ahead.
Actually, I'd presume there would be at least a reasonable chance
there's an indication on the master cylinder cover or a decal or
something that notes the DOT classification.