Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

"Robert Green" wrote in
:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

This summer, an Associated Press-GfK poll found that two-thirds of

consumers
use debit cards more frequently than credit cards. But when asked
how

they
would react if they were charged a $3 monthly debit card fee, 61
percent said they'd find another way to pay.

With a $5 fee, 66 percent said they would change their payment
method.

Interesting. Was tell my bank to KMA and go somewhere else" an
option?

Apparently, a lot of people, including me, took their money out to the
extent that BoA is no longer the number one bank in terms of assets.
They were trying to punish Congress through the people and ended up
shooting themselves in the foot. I'm betting a lot of people will be
leaving in the future just because they tried such a stupid stunt and
that the payback for BoA is going to be quite painful. Good on 'em.

BofA backpedals on $5 debit fee
Chase opts out of debit-card fee
Another fee bites the dust: Wells Fargo backs off debit charge

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...ndons-plan-to-
charge-5-a-month-for-debit-card-use.html

Bowing to a national flood of protests, Bank of America Corp. is
calling off its plan to charge customers $5 a month for using its
debit cards to make purchases -- a strategy that proved a public
relations disaster for what once was America's biggest bank. Analysts
had believed the rest of the banking industry would follow BofA in
imposing similar fees to make up for new rules restricting the fees
banks charge merchants for accepting debit cards . . . Bank of America
lost its No. 1 ranking in asset size to JPMorgan Chase & Co. at the
end of September, though it still has the most total deposits. It
announced its decision on the debit fee Tuesday morning in a
two-paragraph statement citing "customer concerns and the changing
competitive marketplace."

--
Bobby G.

Yea, Yahoo had some words on it as I'm sure many did.

http://tinyurl.com/5ws67op