Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default dishwasher water doesn't get hot

On 10/31/2011 6:27 PM, Bob F wrote:

If you run the dishwasher immediately after eating, it will work fine.
Otherwise, you need the dog in the fight to remove crud that will dry on before
it gets run.

As I noted in my most recent previous post in this thread, that has not
been my experience. 4 day old dried oatmeal and other sticky residue
comes completely off using only the "Short" cycle. I've experienced
that with a 1987 model Kitchen Aid, and then when that one died in 2007,
a low-end Maytag model that I've had ever since. My water is not that
soft either - fine white residue is often visible on hand washed, air
dried glasses. I've used both Finish and Cascade basic powders with the
same good results, and have always used Jet Dry rinsing aid. Water
heater is set to about 120 and I've never had to let the kitchen hot
water run hot before starting the dishwasher, even in winter.