Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - central heating turn on

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:21:03 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

But your house has thick walls that store the heat and can take a week
to store this heat.

This is true, a while after we moved in we went away for a few days
and switched the heating off. It took the best part of 4 days for the
place to become comfortable again. The air temp was OK but the heat
was just been sucked into the walls.

I've got a semi with cavity wall insulation that I can heat up within in
1 hour from cold.

It will be interesting to see what difference the new 50mm of
phenolic foam insulation on the exterior walls makes to reheat times
and fuel bills. We've not insulated the 20 tonnes or so solid stone
wall that runs through the middle of the house, so that will still be
regulating the temperature to some degree. Cool in summer, warm in
winter.

--
Cheers
Dave.