Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - central heating turn on

This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

In the fairly recent past with new combi boiler we seem to have had the
thermostat set at 20C and the heating on most of the time.
However this year with the mild weather (and back in the house with no
thermostat) we sem to be managing O.K. so far with no heating.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , David WE Roberts
writes
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what
is going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

In the fairly recent past with new combi boiler we seem to have had the
thermostat set at 20C and the heating on most of the time.
However this year with the mild weather (and back in the house with no
thermostat) we sem to be managing O.K. so far with no heating.

So the thought of turning it on before you actually need it, just to
check that it is working correctly hadn't crossed your mind?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/10/2011 22:15, David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

In the fairly recent past with new combi boiler we seem to have had the
thermostat set at 20C and the heating on most of the time.
However this year with the mild weather (and back in the house with no
thermostat) we sem to be managing O.K. so far with no heating.

We've had ours on for weeks now. That does not mean, of course, that the
boiler has been running continuously - because as the ambient temp.
rises throughout the day, the thermostat stops the boiler from firing
up. We like it nice and warm when we get up, however. Can't see the
point of having a heating system and not using it...

Our house is just about as insulated as it possibly can be - and so once
the thermostat triggers and turns the boiler off, it is a long time
before more heat is required.

--
Kev

Justice? You get justice in the next world,
in this world you have the law...
William Gaddis
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/10/2011 22:15, David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

SWMBO screaming in the mornings "For ****'S SAKE TURN IT ON!!!"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 22:15:25 -0000, David WE Roberts wrote:

This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

In the fairly recent past with new combi boiler we seem to have had the
thermostat set at 20C and the heating on most of the time.
However this year with the mild weather (and back in the house with no
thermostat) we sem to be managing O.K. so far with no heating.

Cheers

Dave R

Mine's been on 2 or 3 times so far just to take the chill off the room.
April - October inclusive (7 Months) have used 75kWh of which 5 were after
flushing etc.
Looks as if it'll be some time in November before heating's necessary.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:08:52 +0000, Lobster wrote:

SWMBO screaming in the mornings "For ****'S SAKE TURN IT ON!!!"?

Your not doing it right, maybe it's time to RTFM?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:22:18 +0000, PeterC wrote:

Mine's been on 2 or 3 times so far just to take the chill off the room.

We never turn ours off just let the programmable stat decide if heat
is required. Just occasionally in mid summer it'll come one first
thing in the morning and I think why? but generally if it comes on
it's about the temp when we'd be thinking about turning it on anyway.

Looks as if it'll be some time in November before heating's necessary.

We've normally had our first snow by then. B-) This year there have
been a couple of sleety periods already. The first was in mid October
which was early.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

When it's less than than 22C internal temperature.
Otherwise the cats get grumpy and three grumpy Siamese is not fun

Lee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 30, 10:15*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

South African sister in law visiting.

We think it's unseasonably warm, she has frostbite.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:37:41 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:08:52 +0000, Lobster wrote:

SWMBO screaming in the mornings "For ****'S SAKE TURN IT ON!!!"?

Your not doing it right, maybe it's time to RTFM?

Does one exist for SWMBO?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2011 08:22, PeterC wrote:
[...]

Everyone's temperature 'tolerance' levels are different. My wife and I
often find when visiting relatives or friends in winter that we're
freezing - whereas they don't seem to notice that it's cold. My wife's
brother's house was always like an ice-box. They had the heating on
first thing in the morning - and again in the evening, but throughout
the day it was off. We would often make an excuse to pop out somewhere
in the car - just to get warm!

Our heating comes on at 6 am and does not go off until 10pm.

--
Kev

Justice? You get justice in the next world,
in this world you have the law...
William Gaddis
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:41:36 +0000 (GMT), Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:22:18 +0000, PeterC wrote:

Mine's been on 2 or 3 times so far just to take the chill off the room.

We never turn ours off just let the programmable stat decide if heat
is required. Just occasionally in mid summer it'll come one first
thing in the morning and I think why? but generally if it comes on
it's about the temp when we'd be thinking about turning it on anyway.

Wouldn't work for me, as the 'stat's set to 16 to give 18 in the main living
room and about 14 - 15 upstairs. ATM it's showing 17 so wouldn't come on
anyway.
I don't use the boiler for hot water.

Looks as if it'll be some time in November before heating's necessary.

We've normally had our first snow by then. B-) This year there have
been a couple of sleety periods already. The first was in mid October
which was early.

Ah, I'm in the Sultry Sarf.

--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:08:52 +0000, Lobster wrote:

SWMBO screaming in the mornings "For ****'S SAKE TURN IT ON!!!"?

Your not doing it right, maybe it's time to RTFM?

Does one exist for SWMBO?

Yes - it was the basis for the Borg.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

I never turn my central heating on, I have a thermostat and timer to
do that for me.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
On 30/10/2011 22:15, David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering
what is going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

SWMBO screaming in the mornings "For ****'S SAKE TURN IT ON!!!"?

Just tell her that you love her. That usually turns them on.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jgharston wrote:
David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering
what is going to force our hand.

I never turn my central heating on, I have a thermostat and timer to
do that for me.

I asked the same question last year:-)

Mine goes on when I feel cold and how cold I feel depends on where I am
working. I am working on new builds at the moment so I am outside (or
virtually outside) all day. I do not feel cold when I get home so the
heating is off.

I did crank the heating up to 22 last weekend, but the gf's sister was
stopping and she like to walks aroung the house in just her underwear. If
the house is cold she wears a dressing gown.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2011 18:04, ARWadsworth wrote:
Lobster wrote:
On 30/10/2011 22:15, David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering
what is going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

SWMBO screaming in the mornings "For ****'S SAKE TURN IT ON!!!"?

Just tell her that you love her. That usually turns them on.

"Worcester-Bosch, you are the light of life..."? nah, tried that. She
insists I press her button before there's any action there.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Other Mike
writes

http://fwd.posterous.com/workshop-manual-on-women#

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2011 18:09, ARWadsworth wrote:
jgharston wrote:
David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering
what is going to force our hand.

I never turn my central heating on, I have a thermostat and timer to
do that for me.

I asked the same question last year:-)

Mine goes on when I feel cold and how cold I feel depends on where I am
working. I am working on new builds at the moment so I am outside (or
virtually outside) all day. I do not feel cold when I get home so the
heating is off.

I did crank the heating up to 22 last weekend, but the gf's sister was
stopping and she like to walks aroung the house in just her underwear. If
the house is cold she wears a dressing gown.

So, have you tried it at 25 degrees yet?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
jgharston writes
David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

I never turn my central heating on, I have a thermostat and timer to
do that for me.

I turn ours off in the summer, for a couple of reasons.

1. The HW is an old gravity system. So no valve controlling water flow,
just the CH pump. Even when CH is off I get a bit of gravity flow in the
CH system. The system is old and the main CH flow and return is in about
1 1/2" pipes. It runs along the bottom of the bedroom wall and a small
upper landing and heats up those rooms unnecessarily (and makes the
bedroom too hot in summer). So I manually close a valve on the CH system
to stop the circulation and turn off heating.

2, It will fire up a bit and in late spring/late Autumn when we don't
really need any heating and it doesn't seem to give any benefit (old
Victorian house, big thermal mass, little bit's off heating don't have
the same effect it seems as in a modern, better insulated and draft
proofed house)

FWIW I turned the heating on couple of weeks ago when we had a colder
spell.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:22:18 +0000, PeterC wrote:

Mine's been on 2 or 3 times so far just to take the chill off the
room.

We never turn ours off just let the programmable stat decide if heat
is required. Just occasionally in mid summer it'll come one first
thing in the morning and I think why? but generally if it comes on
it's about the temp when we'd be thinking about turning it on anyway.

But your house has thick walls that store the heat and can take a week to
store this heat. I've got a semi with cavity wall insulation that I can heat
up within in 1 hour from cold.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jgharston wrote:
David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering
what is going to force our hand.

I never turn my central heating on, I have a thermostat and timer to
do that for me.

I asked the same question last year:-)

Mine goes on when I feel cold and how cold I feel depends on where I
am working. I am working on new builds at the moment so I am outside
(or virtually outside) all day. I do not feel cold when I get home
so the heating is off.

I did crank the heating up to 22 last weekend, but the gf's sister
was stopping and she like to walks aroung the house in just her
underwear. If the house is cold she wears a dressing gown.

So, have you tried it at 25 degrees yet?

Yep. And she opened the windows!
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:21:03 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

But your house has thick walls that store the heat and can take a week
to store this heat.

This is true, a while after we moved in we went away for a few days
and switched the heating off. It took the best part of 4 days for the
place to become comfortable again. The air temp was OK but the heat
was just been sucked into the walls.

I've got a semi with cavity wall insulation that I can heat up within in
1 hour from cold.

It will be interesting to see what difference the new 50mm of
phenolic foam insulation on the exterior walls makes to reheat times
and fuel bills. We've not insulated the 20 tonnes or so solid stone
wall that runs through the middle of the house, so that will still be
regulating the temperature to some degree. Cool in summer, warm in
winter.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:22:08 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

So, have you tried it at 25 degrees yet?

Yep. And she opened the windows!

Not surprised three 2" triangles of thin material and a couple of
yards of string don't keep you warm. I doubt GF's sister wears a
corset and bloomers. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
So, have you tried it at 25 degrees yet?

Yep. And she opened the windows!

Even after explaining at length what the thermostats
and timer did, my previous tenants controlled the
heating in the house by turning the boiler on and off
at the power and opening and closing the windows.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:21:03 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

But your house has thick walls that store the heat and can take a
week to store this heat.

This is true, a while after we moved in we went away for a few days
and switched the heating off. It took the best part of 4 days for the
place to become comfortable again. The air temp was OK but the heat
was just been sucked into the walls.

I had a similar thing at my parents holiday apartment. Built in 1970 and
they own the middle floor. The neighbour above had moved and the property
was empty, the neighbour below had moved to a care home and the property was
empty. So no neighbour supplemented my parents heating.

Concrete ceiling and floors. It was mid winter and no-one had visited the
place for 6 months.

It took 24 hours to heat up the walls and the floor.

I've got a semi with cavity wall insulation that I can heat up
within in 1 hour from cold.

It will be interesting to see what difference the new 50mm of
phenolic foam insulation on the exterior walls makes to reheat times
and fuel bills. We've not insulated the 20 tonnes or so solid stone
wall that runs through the middle of the house, so that will still be
regulating the temperature to some degree. Cool in summer, warm in
winter.

What sort of payback time are you hoping for for this insulation?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:34:41 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

It will be interesting to see what difference the new 50mm of
phenolic foam insulation on the exterior walls makes to reheat

times
and fuel bills.

What sort of payback time are you hoping for for this insulation?

Donno, the final bill for the works will be about 80k, then there is
all the decoration, carpets, new kitchen, batheroom and probably now
a new flat roof(*). I don't have a break down of the insulation costs
from all the other work like new flooors walls doors etc etc...

TBH I'm not overly interested in "pay back", I'd like to see a
noticeable drop in oil consumption but taht isn't the prime reason
for the works. The place just needed gutting and doing to reasonable
modern standards of insulation, it was last refurbished in 1975, so
insulation didn't exist. Just block walls inside the stone walls at
ground floor, plaster board on timber over that or direct to the
walls at first floor. Howling gale in the void from flues and just
the open top into the loft space...

(*) I knew it was getting towards the end of it's life at 15 years or
so. Was sort of hoping to get another year from it but having just
been up it has deteriated since last year... B-(

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:15:25 PM UTC, David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

I remember the yearly switch-on when my Dad leapt into action. The solid fuel parkray fire had to be stoked and the central heating pump "primed", which seem to involve hitting it with the same metal bar that was used to "persuade" the car starter motor into action. Those were the days ...
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
On Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:15:25 PM UTC, David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering
what is going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

I remember the yearly switch-on when my Dad leapt into action. The
solid fuel parkray fire had to be stoked and the central heating pump
"primed", which seem to involve hitting it with the same metal bar
that was used to "persuade" the car starter motor into action. Those
were the days ...

Did your Mum have to fetch the coal and clean out the fire?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:22:08 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

So, have you tried it at 25 degrees yet?

Yep. And she opened the windows!

Not surprised three 2" triangles of thin material and a couple of
yards of string don't keep you warm. I doubt GF's sister wears a
corset and bloomers. B-)

There are more than one way of creating heat !

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I did crank the heating up to 22 last weekend, but the gf's sister
was stopping and she like to walks aroung the house in just her
underwear. If the house is cold she wears a dressing gown.

So, have you tried it at 25 degrees yet?

Yep. And she opened the windows!

What a treat for the neighbours. ;0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

In the fairly recent past with new combi boiler we seem to have had the
thermostat set at 20C and the heating on most of the time.
However this year with the mild weather (and back in the house with no
thermostat) we sem to be managing O.K. so far with no heating.

Sittting in the south facing back room of our house the temperature is just
going past 23.1C.
So who needs CH?
OTOH front room is 17.0C which is why we are planning to open out the back
of the house to become our main living area.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 12:53:28 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:
Sittting in the south facing back room of our house the temperature is
just going past 23.1C.
So who needs CH?
OTOH front room is 17.0C which is why we are planning to open out the
back of the house to become our main living area.

It's -4C here at the moment, and doesn't feel much better than that
indoors - I'm tempted to go and stick my head in the fridge to warm up a
bit :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"David WE Roberts" writes:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

In the fairly recent past with new combi boiler we seem to have had the
thermostat set at 20C and the heating on most of the time.
However this year with the mild weather (and back in the house with no
thermostat) we sem to be managing O.K. so far with no heating.

Looks like I first used the heating on 19th Sep for nearly 2 hours.
Not entirely sure why - doesn't seem to have been particularly cold.
However, so far it's not been used that much this winter, and I haven't
yet set the system into winter mode where it would come on automatically,
so all heating so far is as a result of manaully switching it on.

Date heating on call for heat hot water burner on Energy Cost
(HH:MM:SS) (HH:MM:SS) (HH:MM:SS) (HH:MM:SS) (kWh) (£.p)
19 Sep 1:54:02 1:54:04 0:00:00 0:47:46 14.41 1.21
20 Sep 0:23:39 0:23:39 0:29:59 0:31:19 9.45 0.80
21 Sep 0:03:03 0:03:04 0:13:18 0:09:11 2.77 0.23
22 Sep 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:19:44 0:11:14 3.39 0.29
23 Sep 0:44:08 0:44:08 0:29:59 0:34:37 10.44 0.88
24 Sep 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
25 Sep 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:40:31 0:21:24 6.45 0.54
26 Sep 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
27 Sep 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
28 Sep 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:29:21 0:13:45 4.15 0.35
29 Sep 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:16:08 0:08:31 2.57 0.22
30 Sep 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
1 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:26:30 0:12:18 3.71 0.31
2 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:22:50 0:09:52 2.98 0.25
3 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:28:35 0:11:08 3.36 0.28
4 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:04 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
5 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:30:00 0:13:07 3.96 0.33
6 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:20:04 0:10:49 3.26 0.27
7 Oct 2:25:18 1:27:21 0:10:47 0:44:22 13.38 1.13
8 Oct 1:09:07 1:05:46 0:35:13 0:55:40 16.79 1.41
9 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:29:02 0:14:44 4.44 0.37
10 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:22:42 0:09:55 2.99 0.25
11 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
12 Oct 0:00:48 0:00:47 0:00:00 0:00:10 0.05 0.00
13 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
14 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:26:29 0:13:18 4.01 0.34
15 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
16 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:23:32 0:13:06 3.95 0.33
17 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
18 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
19 Oct 2:50:50 2:50:51 0:00:00 1:10:27 21.25 1.79
20 Oct 6:19:29 6:10:56 0:29:59 2:40:28 48.40 4.08
21 Oct 2:50:29 1:58:50 0:00:01 0:52:41 15.89 1.34
22 Oct 4:47:33 4:41:29 0:21:21 1:51:29 33.63 2.83
23 Oct 3:01:32 0:46:52 0:24:04 0:36:40 11.06 0.93
24 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:16:38 0:09:01 2.72 0.23
25 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:17:44 0:09:21 2.82 0.24
26 Oct 5:39:46 3:53:55 0:00:00 1:28:29 26.69 2.25
27 Oct 1:53:48 1:06:08 0:29:59 0:46:06 13.91 1.17
28 Oct 1:22:50 0:48:53 0:29:31 0:28:26 8.58 0.72
29 Oct 1:27:28 1:27:28 0:29:59 0:48:50 14.73 1.24
30 Oct 0:35:22 0:23:09 0:00:00 0:07:00 2.11 0.18
31 Oct 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
1 Nov 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
2 Nov 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0.00 0.00
3 Nov 0:15:50 0:15:50 0:00:03 0:19:52 5.99 0.50

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2011 20:40, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In ,
"David WE writes:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

In the fairly recent past with new combi boiler we seem to have had the
thermostat set at 20C and the heating on most of the time.
However this year with the mild weather (and back in the house with no
thermostat) we sem to be managing O.K. so far with no heating.

Looks like I first used the heating on 19th Sep for nearly 2 hours.
Not entirely sure why - doesn't seem to have been particularly cold.
However, so far it's not been used that much this winter, and I haven't
yet set the system into winter mode where it would come on automatically,
so all heating so far is as a result of manaully switching it on.

Date heating on call for heat hot water burner on Energy Cost
[...]

Interesting I guess that is taken from your BMS?

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
gremlin_95 writes:
Interesting I guess that is taken from your BMS?

Yes.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2011 23:08, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In ,
writes:
Interesting I guess that is taken from your BMS?

Yes.

Well I was impressed (no idea what a BMS is...)

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

writes:
Interesting I guess that is taken from your BMS?

Yes.

Well I was impressed (no idea what a BMS is...)

Building Management System - more commonly called
Home Automation in this context, and BMS for a
commercial product installed in commericial premises.

--
Andrew Gabriel