Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

On 10/31/2011 5:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Very good answer. That, or cup hooks.

Actually, I do have in my truck a glass jar candle, and a
chunk of copper wire. Figure I can bend a hanger, and hang
it from the rearview mirror if I am off the road during a
snow storm.

Unless your truck is real old with an actual rod supporting the mirror,
not a good idea. Those buttons sticking mirror to windshield love to let
go at bad times, and I'm sure glass being cold and mirror being heated
from the burning candle, could be a trigger, especially if you wake up
suddenly and bump your chandelier. Better to pull off dome light lens,
and hand from there, or maybe the arm holding the sunvisor. I'd go with
an extra coat, a space blanket or suntanning blanket (if such things
still exist) and a baggie of HF flashlights.

--
aem sends...