Doug Miller

Default table saw adjustment: how anal?

In article , "Bob S." wrote:
But to sum up this whole thing for the archives:

"It doesn't matter how you align your tablesaw folks,

I never said that...

wood moves

nor that... (although true, it's absolutely irrelevant to this discussion)

and accuracy is not important

nor that...

but most of all, and this is crucial to aligning a tablesaw -

nor that. Are you finished producing red herrings now?

you can align your blade using your miter gauge set at any angle
you please -

I *did* say that.

cause Doug say's so

No, not because I say so. Because it's a mathematical fact. Anyone who
disagrees is free to point out where I made a mistake. I note that you are
unable to do so.

and that's the truth ...he proved it too."

Correct finally: it *is* the truth, and I *did* prove it. Not my fault that
you understand neither the concept nor the proof; I tried.

Why do you find it so hard to admit that you were wrong? I guess that's the
closest you can bring yourself to saying so... that's too bad.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com