Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
Han wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

snip

We were using a propane camping light, and LED flaslights. Will go
and buy 1 or 2 propane ceramic heating stoves tomorrow. With that I
think we could withstand several days of no power, and it's
comsidrably cheaper than a $1000 generator. We used a rather big
camping cooler with ice for the perishables.

Consider, too, a few kerosene lanterns. They're fairly cheap (about
$6). Buy some kerosene and store it in re-used one-quart oil
containers. These containers can be found in quantity in your
neighborhood auto parts store's trash bin.

Kerosene lanterns don't put out a LOT of light, but enough to stumble
around by.

We have on occasion rambunctious little kids around (one is on the
autistic spectrum - luckily, improving in social skills very much
lately). Therefore I'd hate the combination of flames and flammable
liquids around in my home. Other than that, I love hurricane
lanterns.

Use a coat-hanger and suspend them from the ceiling fixtures.

I'll do it my way, and avoid having the giants in the family bump their
heads. I'm the shorty at 5'9".

--
Best regards
Han