Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

On Oct 30, 9:41*pm, Han wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:j8kf6k
:

I think you need immediate federal aid. A couple million to
start.

We were without power for 24 hrs. Many in 07410 and surrounding still are.. *
In my estimation tree damage compares to Irene, but most trees didn't come
down - just many smaller and bigger branches. *Some trees are likely too
damaged to survive. *We only had 4-5 inches total, and less was on the
ground at the end, but the damage is indeed bad. *Many power lines down
because of fallen tree branches.
While asking for federal aid has been bantered about in NJ, I'm not sure
that will be necessary. *I think that federal aid is mostly (low cost)
loans, and other than spoiled food and lost sales, most damage is in being
without power or from tree loss, not something for federal aid IMO.

--
Best regards
Han

Your storm has now arrived in the UK but as rain.