Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Aeroponics. Was: OT politics and crossposts

"Winston" wrote in message ...

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

Your biggest problem will probably be biological--insects, fungus and the
other various nasties.

That'd be great, because the plants will be completely enclosed for
most of their lives. I notice that insects are completely baffled
by poly sheet.

Fungii, bacteria and viruses in the nutrient will be continuously
bombarded with UV-C in a stainless tub located in the base, so I'm
pretty confident that the nasties aren't going to be a problem.

I *am* still working on ventilation of both the growth column and
the 'leaf area' to provide CO2 to the leaves and 02 to the roots.

I don't suppose I could just pump the O2 from the leaves into the
growth column and allow the CO2 from the column into the 'leaf area'.

Could it be that simple? Hmmm.

--Winston

Run the exhaust from your lawnmower in there. You'll have plenty of CO2, and
CO, and other stuff. d8-)

This is sounding an awful lot like some Frankensteinien experiment, Winnie.
Are you planning something really scary? Like a pumpkin with Republican
genes or something?

--
Ed Huntress