Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default OT - central heating turn on

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:41:36 +0000 (GMT), Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:22:18 +0000, PeterC wrote:

Mine's been on 2 or 3 times so far just to take the chill off the room.

We never turn ours off just let the programmable stat decide if heat
is required. Just occasionally in mid summer it'll come one first
thing in the morning and I think why? but generally if it comes on
it's about the temp when we'd be thinking about turning it on anyway.

Wouldn't work for me, as the 'stat's set to 16 to give 18 in the main living
room and about 14 - 15 upstairs. ATM it's showing 17 so wouldn't come on
anyway.
I don't use the boiler for hot water.

Looks as if it'll be some time in November before heating's necessary.

We've normally had our first snow by then. B-) This year there have
been a couple of sleety periods already. The first was in mid October
which was early.

Ah, I'm in the Sultry Sarf.

--
Peter.