Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

Some people I used to know. Their answer to the power cut in
Buffalo in 2006 was to ask their home mortgage company for a
payment holliday, so they could buy a generator. I kept
telling them of some simple things they could do, but they
weren't hearing me. They do not have common sense. You do.

During winter power cuts, put the cold food in the cold
trunk of the car.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Han" wrote in message

We were using a propane camping light, and LED flaslights.
Will go and
buy 1 or 2 propane ceramic heating stoves tomorrow. With
that I think we
could withstand several days of no power, and it's
comsidrably cheaper
than a $1000 generator. We used a rather big camping cooler
with ice for
the perishables.

--
Best regards