Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

On 10/31/2011 7:47 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
wrote:

why can a high level ceo that has a company limo take pick him up and take
him to /from work deduct the cost of the limo and the driver and the gas and
the maintenance.....

but

an ordinary working stiff CANNOT deduct commuting costs.

I am not sure that he can, although I am willing to be corrected. My
understanding is that the COMPANY can, but that is then viewed as income
or at least part of his pay package. I *THINK* he (or she) might
actually be taxed on that.
However since I don't have this particular perk, I am not 100% sure
(g).

why is that fair?

this is just a small but specific example of how the rules of the game are
slanted to help the very rich get richer...

Mark

When you get to the level where they have company cars pick them up,
they are assumed to be working during the commute. BlackBerry means you
are never alone. And for the uber-executives, the driver is often also a
bodyguard, mandated by the insurance carrier. The company treats
executive transportation and protection as a business expense.

--
aem sends...