Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

Steve Barker wrote:
On 10/29/2011 7:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lets hope they are OK. Sounds miserable. Hope the wall
street infestation packs up and goes home.

what is the cause of this alleged outage?

Do you mean the reason for the protest? It doesn't need one.

I commend for your reading a slim volume entitled "The True Believer" by
Eric Hoffer. In it you'll find that a movement need not really have a
reason. Some basic rules of mass movement, as I recall, a

* A mass movement can succeed without a god, but it will fail without a
devil. It must have something to hate.
* People join mass movements as a substitute for their own meaningless
lives. Being part of a movement gives them a reason for existing.
* People join mass movements to escape individual responsibility.

And, I would add, in the case of the "Occupy" protests, another couple of
reasons:

* There's also the weed and the sex.