Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ret.[_5_] Ret.[_5_] is offline

Default OT - central heating turn on

On 30/10/2011 22:15, David WE Roberts wrote:
This year we haven't turned on the CH yet and I am now wondering what is
going to force our hand.

Below 15C indoors?

Below 10C indoors?

Ice on the inside of the windows in the morning?

In the fairly recent past with new combi boiler we seem to have had the
thermostat set at 20C and the heating on most of the time.
However this year with the mild weather (and back in the house with no
thermostat) we sem to be managing O.K. so far with no heating.

We've had ours on for weeks now. That does not mean, of course, that the
boiler has been running continuously - because as the ambient temp.
rises throughout the day, the thermostat stops the boiler from firing
up. We like it nice and warm when we get up, however. Can't see the
point of having a heating system and not using it...

Our house is just about as insulated as it possibly can be - and so once
the thermostat triggers and turns the boiler off, it is a long time
before more heat is required.

--
Kev

Justice? You get justice in the next world,
in this world you have the law...
William Gaddis