Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Northeast storm, Oct 29, 2011, 2.2 million without power

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 14:23:01 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:43:54 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'm west of the storm. I'm OK, fortunately. Yes, I live in
PRNY.

This AM, the exhaust sheared, on my van. I spent about four
hours patching it (metal content). I'll write more about
that, if asked.

Lets hope the Occupy Wall Street crowd freeze butt, and go
home to thier mom's cellars. Lets hope the hard working
people of the area are safe, and no injuries from candles,
carbon monoxide, etc.

This just after the major power cut in Boulder, Colorado. A
million plus, without power, due to snow storm.

It's long past time to be looking for backup heat, power,
light. For these ever so much more common power cuts. A word
to the wise is sufficient.

32 years ago, Milady and I bought a nice farm site out in the country.
New experience for her. A few months later I spotted a 5KW genset for
$250 and snapped it right up. MAN was she ****ED. That money was for a
wash machine so she wouldn't have to go to the laundry. I explained
about ice storms, snow storms, and thunder storms putting the power
out for days. It didn't help. We've never needed that back up genny.
And its still a sore spot.

Trade it to her for all the cats, Karl. wink

P.S: When did you finally get her a washing machine?

--
The human brain is unique in that it is the only container of which
it can be said that the more you put into it, the more it will hold.