Doug Miller

Default table saw adjustment: how anal?

In article , "Bob S." wrote:
If you read what I said instead of just taking a sentence and using what
part you want, you would realize my statement is as correct as yours. In
fact, you agreed with it if you care to look.

But to stop your beating it to death, here's your opportunity to prove it
wrong - let's see your version of aligning a tablesaw, then we'll see what
procedures are the best ones to use.

This is an open invitation to show us you know what in the hell you're
talking about. You own a Jet TS I believe - so use it as the example and
you can improve on Jets alignment procedures. Some pics would be nice too.

You have a real talent for evading the issue.

I never disagreed with your methods of alignment _in_general_, nor did I ever
claim to be able to do it better than you, or to have more experience at it,
or any of the other straw men you keep inventing to avoid discussing the
issue. You have never pointed out any part of my post which was incorrect, and
have now begun attacking me for things which I never wrote but are entirely
the product of your own imagination.

The *entire* substance of the disagreement between us is your repeated and
erroneous claim that the angle between the miter gauge and the miter slot
somehow makes a difference in aligning the miter slot to the blade. Address
*that* issue, without raising any further red herrings, or be quiet.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com