Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default Got no water

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:49:16 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Thanks, this will do it. I checked all the common stuff, no joy.

So I went to town and made up a coupling adaptor to hook the
irrigation pump to a house hydrant. I can run the irrigation and have
house water. This will get us till Monday or so. Run it one hour twice
a day. No way I don't have a broken part. I'll ohm out the pump next
to determine if its control box or pump.

Karl

For the next time this happens, do you have a place in the orchard or
a nearby ridge about 100' (or a bit more) higher than the house?

You put a gravity water tank up there, and you'll have ~45 PSI at the
house - and running any of the well pumps can fill it (reverse action
float switch to start the pump) and give you a healthy reserve - No
more waterlogged captive-air tanks when it's all running on gravity...

Or call it your Fire Tank, run a 6" main down the hill and put
hydrants near the house and the various barns and outbuildings, and
write it off.

Next time - a Pump Pallet in a pickup, or an old Pumper.

-- Bruce --