Bob S.

Default table saw adjustment: how anal?

It must be in your blood to discredit whatever somebody else say's Doug.

So, to put this to rest - finally. Perhaps you can enlighten the group as to
how to accurately and correctly align a Contractors style tablesaw so that
we may compare your methods and procedures against those that do this sort
of thing for a living. And as I did with my posts several years back that
covered the Delta CS, please credit the original reference material, note
your changes, tips/hints, improvements and rationale.

I'm sure a great number of readers would benefit more from that exercise
than our bickering.

Bob S.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , "Bob S."

wrote:
Advise you to do a search on "tablesaw alignments" . Here's one that

Steve
Strickland wrote http://www.puzzlecraft.com/Projects/HTMAP/07saw.htm that
may help open your eyes to what is at play.

The discussions on the wreck between Steve Strickland and Ed Bennett of

about
two years ago demonstrated that Steve's understanding of table saw

alignment,
and of geometry, is seriously deficient. It's quite illuminating to read
those, to see how Ed (and others) point out Steve's errors.

The article you cite is just a rehash of the nonsense that Steve posted

here,
that has been repeatedly discredited in this group. In particular, his

claim
of adjusting a table saw, using his methods, to produce accuracy to within
0.0001" has been _proven_ false.

Better advice: _ignore_ everything Steve Strickland says about table saw
adjustment.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com