Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Who is Roger Wade of Boxpark?

On Oct 28, 9:14 pm, " wrote:

I suspect that Boxpark don't want to let this go - because if they do,
they have little hope of enforcing a patent anywhere else.

I have discovered that Boxpark will not be opening until December
2011.
Since the Christchrch mall is opening this Saturday 29 October 2011,
Boxpark is in fact not the "World’s 1st Pop Up Department Store".

http://mallsecrets.co.uk/boxpark-ope...shopping-mall/

Boxpark marketing announced (on the 17th October 2011) that the
“World’s 1st Pop Up Department Store” will open to the public in
December 2011.

Boxpark’s opening date has shifted twice. At first it was due to open
in August 2011, which was then moved back to October 2011. So it’s
fingers crossed for their December launch.

http://www.avalonsguide.com/anab/201...itch-thinking/

What on Earth are Boxpark Shoreditch thinking???
October 27, 2011 by Avalon

As a negative publicity own-goal Boxpark Shoreditch appear to have
scored.

The City Mall Restart project is being threatened with legal
action after being accused of copying a “pop-up mall” in London.

Director of the London Boxpark development Roger Wade emailed City
Mall Restart organisers accusing them of a “blatant breach of the
Boxpark intellectual property rights”.

“Boxpark has now instructed legal action against the owners of
City Mall – Pop Up Mall for intellectual property rights
infringement,” he said.

Right – so because “Boxpark” were the first people to think of turning
containers into shops – Christchurch are “stealing intellectual
property” by thinking the same thing might be a class idea to help
while we rebuild an entire bloddy city.

But City Mall organisers have hit back, claiming Boxpark was being
“precious” and there were no similarities between the projects.

I think calling them “precious” is incredibly polite.

Seriously – Boxpark – you are an embarrassment to the UK. Instead of
being all arty-farty-silly-buggers what you should have done is wished
City Mall the best of luck and asked if they needed any help. Instead
you look silly, petty and selfish – and unbeleiveably naff.

New Zealand has been using Containers for years. We use them for
prisons and we use them for housing. You are not significantly clever
for coming up with the idea – so what if you are the “first” to decide
to use them for shops instead of homes.

Bear in mind that while Boxpark are creating a pop-up mall because
they want to be leaders and clever – City Mall are doing it because
their city has been utterly destroyed by a flippin earthquake. Some
perspective is perhaps warranted.

Go City mall! And shame on Boxpark Shoreditch.

City mall opens on Saturday. This is a big deal for Christchurch –
good luck to them!